What’s new in Transifex
Learn about the latest updates in Transifex 🙌
- Updated the language mappings syntax in the YAML config file (GitHub integration) following the structure 'REMOTE_TX_CODE: LOCAL_CUSTOM_CODE'
- Extended publish functionality in Live allowing users to publish translated, reviewed or only proofread translations on their site
- Added Uzbek (uz) and Gujarati (gu) as extra options for E2f orders
- Extended comments functionality by allowing admins to manage categories under organization settings page
- Released Structured JSON parser
- Improved editor's behavior keeping the cursor focused in the search box while the user applies each of the filters
- /tx issues and /tx comments commands on Slack now support both project slug and name
- Added the option to change the billing email address via TX subscription page
- Extended the list of languages we support adding English (Republika Srpska) (en_BA-SRP)
- Improved visibility of strings' status when a warning sign is present
- Improved GitHub/BitBucket Syncing Status information displaying latest synchronisation from Transifex to GitHub and vice versa
- Fixed parsing issue with non-printable characters (like BS) in YAML resources
- Fixed compilation issue with ampersand (
&) in IDML (InDesign) files
- Fixed integration issue with GitHub related to large files
- Fixed issue with source glossary terms which couldn't be modified by collaborators
- Fixed issue with TextMaster orders which failed to be submitted
- Fixed payment issue while trying to order translations via the order wizard
- Fixed Slack integration issue with revoked Slack token
- Fixed issue with string link on /tx issues command output
- Fixed GitHub integration issue that occurred when multiple files with the same filename existed in the same directory
- Fixed orders messages UI issue
- Integration between Transifex and LexiQA is now available
- Added button to manually sync translated content from Transifex to GitHub when translations are less than 100%
- Added the option to generate a languages progress report for all projects
- Released Glossary Amazon for Machine Translation
- Implemented the new requirements known as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) for authenticating online payments which have been introduced in Europe as part of the second Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
- Improved TM by removing old TM suggestions which are no longer being used
- Extended TM with context functionality offering the option to download and upload TMX files with context
- Extended our translation checks by adding one more for XLIFF and HTML files that is triggered when the order of tags is not preserved in the translation.
- Expanded Slack functionality by providing the option to reply or resolve an issue directly from Slack, notifications about discussions and replies on Transifex localization threads as well as the option to manage Slack notification preferences via your organization settings > Manage integrations interface
- Fixed issues with capitalized HTML Elements not caught by translation checks
- Fixed escaping issues in JSON while XLIFF is used as an intermediate file format
- Fixed 504 error message on reports page
- Fixed linking issue with Amazon glossary
- Fixed issue with order's submission button disabling it to prevent double form submission
- Added new languages: Chuukese (chk), English (Slovenia) (en_SI), Spanish (Cuba) (es_CU)
- Added Chinese (Singapore) (zh_SG) and Hausa (ha) as options for E2f orders
- Handled 'src' and 'href' as translatable attributes in Transifex Web Editor
- Added support for dark mode in the editor
- Changed the day limit from 30 to 15 days for obsolete strings not detected by TX live during this interval
- Extended search functionality allowing users to search by key while mapping strings to screenshots
- Expanded Slack functionality by providing notifications for 100% reviewed, and 100% proofread languages as well as notifications for team discussions
- Improved cursor's behavior by switching the focus on the search field on the first load of the stringlist.
- Improved glossary by allowing newline in glossary comments
- Fixed "We are unable to contact our servers. Please try again" Live issue
- Fixed issue with the escaping of '&' in DTD files
- Fixed issue related to GitHub branch names when they include slashes
- Fixed issues related to Webhooks when a source file is updated
- Fixed issues with TM auto-fill up tasks when different parsers are involved
- Fixed list of repos returned in BitBucket integration
- Fixed glossary permissions issue for projects with no resources
- Fixed translation check issue when capitalized tags are present in the source text
- Added link to resource under the context tab in the editor when a user selects all resources
- Converted date time from 12 to 24 hour format for both languages and resources pages
- New integration between Transifex and BitBucket
- Added new languages: Aramaic (arc), English (Bosnia and Herzegovina) (en_BA), English (Serbia) (en_RS)
- Released Translation Memory with Context
- Added "Reply All" option under the comments tab in the editor
- Fixed editor issue in Crowdsourced projects when the "Crowdsourcing Translation" setting is enabled
- Fixed issue with massive review/unreview actions in Transifex Web Editor
- Fixed issue with API token generated date
- Fixed webhooks permissions issue related to maintainers
- Added information about the number of words translated by TM and MT in the reports page
- Updated the list of our IP addresses for staging domains used in Transifex Live projects
- Added an option to project/org settings page allowing users to select the "mode" of their MT API.
- Increased efficiency of TM fill-up functionality
- Added placeholder configuration in GitHub integration
- Introduced the option to manage editor comments via API
- Trigger fill-up tasks when a project is added to a TM group
- Made repository and branch references in a GitHub integration clickable in Transifex Web Interface
- Added Bosnian (bs) and Somali (so) target languages as extra options in the order wizard for E2f
- Extended issues functionality in the editor by introducing priorities and categories
- A new version for Chrome parser is available - in this version dots in keys are no longer escaped
- Expose URLs in Transifex Web Editor for Live projects
- Fixed issue while "Show source string in a target language" option is enabled
- Fixed MT issue while MT fill-up tasks are triggered
- Fixed GitHub modal layout
- Fixed issue with Emoji symbols in YML parsers
- Fixed upload of binary resource files (xlsx, docx) when synching repo files with Transifex
- Fixed issue related to Editor issues' resolution
- Fixed order wizard issue related to Github Markdown Handler
- Fixed issue with deleted TM suggestions that failed to be imported back to Transifex
- Fixed translator filter behavior when filter's value has invalid format or a non-existing username is provided
- Fixed display issue with custom variables in editor
- Fixed compilation of inDesign files with certain chars
- Fixed suggestion requests to not overlap while navigating between strings in the editor
- Added new languages: Arabic (Iraq) (ar_IQ), Lojban (jbo)
- Added the option to lock strings per language via a tag
- Improved the message for users that request to export a TMX file while no suggestions are available
- Released Context for Files feature
- Released a new version of Zendesk integration
- Added an extra filter "not on any page" in Transifex Live view allowing users to easily identify obsolete strings
- Added "Community Link" to our contact form
- Added InDesign to the list of the available file formats
- Improved Transifex Live parser's behavior preventing this from detecting content inside <textarea> tags
- Added the option to adjust font size in the Editor settings
- New improvements to Transifex and GitHub integration: "Sync existing resources with GitHub repo while setting this up" and "Display a proper message when no items found to be synced"
- Fixed `key` filter for strings API
- Fixed the behavior for RLM/LRM special characters in the editor
- Added the RLO/LRO to the special characters list in the editor.
- Fixed compilation issue in PO files when obsolete messages are present.
- Fixed Slack notification when an existing resource is updated.
- Fixed issue with chosen drop-downs
- Fixed issue with keyboard navigation in RTL editor
- Added new languages: Panjabi (Pakistan) (pa_PK), Rapa Nui (rap), Pushto (Afghanistan) (ps_AF), Interlingue (ie)
- Added French (France) (fr_FR) target language as an extra option in the order wizard for Gengo
- Added Persian (Afghanistan) (fa_AF), Armenian (Armenia) (hy_AM), Pushto (ps), and Pushto (Afghanistan) (ps_AF) target languages as extra options in the order wizard for E2f
- Improved deletion time for resources
- Improved wizard performance
- Transifex-Slack integration
- Added Amazon MT as an Origin filter option
- Migrated to MS Text Translator API v3
- Fixed language mapping between TX Chinese (Hong Kong) (zh_HK) and Google Chinese (Traditional) zh-TW
- New version of Transifex Live WordPress plugin - Fixed URL rewritting for external domains
- Fixed glossary matching issue when special characters are present
- Fixed escaping issue in translations received from translation vendors
- Fixed issue with Google MT returning random hashes (check here for more details)
- Added new languages: Classical Armenian (xcl), Eastern Armenian (Russian) (hye_RU)
- Enabled Chinese (Taiwan) (zh_TW) translations for Transifex app
- Amazon Translate has been added as an available machine translation services within Transifex
- Changed the maximum number of tags that are displayed in the editor while strings are massively selected from 50 to 100
- Fixed multiple commits issue in the same PR in Github
- Fixed issue with Transifex Live resources
- Fixed 404 error that occurred while massively translating strings with an MT service
- Fixed content-encoding issue for JSON responses [API]
- Fixed issue in project archiving through API
- Fixed issue in PO translation files related to the Last-Translator field
- Fixed MT issue with nested variables
- Fixed filtering issue with Unicode characters
- New integration between Transifex and GitHub
- Added link to community forum in the top navigation menu of Transifex App
- Fixed collaborators' number issue
- Fixed the languages dropdown under the profile settings page
- Fixed text override in editor comments
- Fixed permissions issue with administrator users
- Fixed context and boolean flags in API responses
- Fixed issues with the compilation of YAML front matter section in MD files
- Fixed comments filter issue
- Fixed glossary issue with Machine Translation Service. Glossary terms were preserved in the source language while MT was applied.
- Fixed mass selection tags issue
- Fixed Machine Translation issue protecting HTML tags during translation
- Included subscription's end date in the subscription page
- Optimized Transifex Web Editor load time
- Dates are now displayed in a format fitting the displayed language of the UI
- New languages were added to our list: Meadow Mari (mhr), Eastern Mari (Russia), English (Brazil) (en_BR), English (France) (en_FR), English (Japan) (en_JP)
- New TX client release [0.13.6]
- Fixed issue with fully translated language files that were not pulled via TX Client while minimum_perc = 100
- Fixed word wrapping issue in the strings list while re-sizing browser's window
- Fixed issue with Editor filters
- Fixed issue with TM Auto-fill that did not work in Live projects when TM suggestions were coming from a file-based project
- Fixed issue with glossary terms that were not properly highlighted in the editor
- Fixed fetch tags issue when massively selecting strings in the Editor.
- Fixed translator filter issue that occurred when a special character was included in the filter's value
- Fixed strings' list issue with large translation text
- Fixed Editor navigation issue for translators that have access to only one target language
- Fixed 403 error message when translators request a tmx file
- Fixed mass string selection issue in Transifex Web Editor
- Fixed resource selection issue in Transifex Web Editor
- Fixed translation check's behavior concerning quotes in html tags in Android translations
- Added the ability to retry on failed file uploads
- Offered support for pluralized entries in Properties based on ICU's message format specifications
- New languages were added to our list: Kikuyu (ki), Ewe (ee)
- Implemented the improved password strength controls
- Fixed PROPERTIESXML parser behavior - the order of the strings in the editor is now the same as in the file itself
- Fixed custom placeholder issue on Safari
- Fixed a file format issue that occurred when the translatable string of an entry was also a substring of the key.
- New languages were added to our list: Turkish (Germany) (tr_DE), Spanish (Saudi Arabia) (es_SA), Chamorro (ch)
- You can now order translations from Chinese (zh), Chinese (China) (zh_CN) or to English (en) or English (United States) (en_US) using E2f. More information can be found in our order wizard
- Extended TxLive social support (Twitter, Google+ meta tags)
- Improved message in the subscription page when the collaborator count exceeds plan's capacity.
- Fixed issues with PO headers & metadata
- Fixed machine translation issue while raw mode was enabled
- Fixed issue with empty translation files
- Fixed Webhook issue ensuring that it always gets triggered when the translation progress reaches 100% completion.
- Make resx parser respect XML declaration
- Fixed whitespace issue in glossary. The fix removes unnecessary validation messages that were triggered by the presence of whitespaces in glossary terms.
- Fixed UnicodeEncodeError in YML
- Fixed escaping issue with @ in Android XML. A string that starts with @ and is not used as a reference to another string is now properly escaped by our Android parser upon export
- Fixed improper escaping on Android xml strings - double or single quotes in html inline tags are no longer escaped by Transifex Android parser.
- New languages were added to our list: Quechua (Ecuador) (qu_EC), Aymara(ay), Bench (bcq), Tweants (twd)
- A new version for Chrome i18n parser has been released
- Replaced "Warnings" filter with "Translation checks>Warning"
- Releases page link is now available in the footer of the app and the help center page
- Added Editor link to resources and languages page in live projects
- YAML’s built-in types or custom ones are properly handled by YAML parsers
- Fixed doc link for chrome file format when a resource failed to be created
- Fixed filtering issue. In glossary page, filter was not encoded in URL, so you could not search for '&' character.
- Fixed Editor Placeholder issues
- Fixed last translation activity date in language pop-up window
- Fixed conflicting dependencies in TX Client
- Fixed language pair issue with TextMaster
- Fixed escaping issues in file formats when XLIFF intermediate format is used for offline translations
- Fixed issue with non-editable translation strings in Transifex Live
- Fixed an issue with the XLIFF parser - entries that had only a generic placeholder <x> as source text were ignored during upload
- Fixed search and replace for non-space languages and partial matching
- Fixed translation check issue for unicode escaped sequences
- Links to strings are now available on concordance search results.
- The number of results that concordance search returns has been increased from 10 to 50
- Auto-suggestions for tags are available while typing.
- Show source string counter and improve the experience when a character limit is set
- Allow visiting a user's private profile page when the user has requested to join a team of a common organization
- Show relative "last update" date under "All projects" and all resources tables in an organization
- Offer progress reports that allow you to check the progress on a resource level per individual language and on a language level per individual resource
- Keep the selected resource between the resource page where it was first selected and the editor page right after the language gets selected.
- Add English (Trinidad & Tobago) to our list
- Fixed the blank panel issue that came up after clicking on placeholders in the translation's string area.
- Fixed machine translation issue that generated invalid translations. MT run on the escaped version of the string, thus the translations were invalid. From now on, we detect the resource format and always pass the rich version.
- Fixed invitation flow that was failing when email was containing capital letters
- Fixed issue with pirate@en in Transifex Live editor
- Fixed suggestions leverage score miscalculations with the rich/raw editor
- Fixed MT auto fill-up issue for resources that have more than 128 strings
- Fixed orders' issue. Source strings that contain only non-printable characters will no longer be included in submitted orders.
- Fixed hovering state of the tooltip in the editor
- Fixed dates in suggestions tab in the editor
- Delivered improvements that make editor page load faster
- Fixed the statistics under the all projects view. Stats from archived projects are no longer included there.
- Fixed <g> tags issue in XLIFF
- Fixed encoding issues for HTML files
- Concordance search is now closer to the translation tools offering a better user experience
- Users are allowed to search in languages dropdowns using either language's name or language's locale
- When a new announcement is added, a discussion is created or a private message is sent, the original structure of the text (line breaks, paragraphs) is preserved in the notification email that TX users receive
- Fixed issues caused by large Gengo orders
- Fixed account activation issue allowing users to sign-in after accepting invitations
- Fixed sorting issue on project's languages page
- Fixed Web Editor issues with IE11
- Fixed Chrome parser's behavior ensuring that the order of the strings is preserved during parsing and compiling
- You can now order translations from Japanese (ja) or Japanese (Japan) (ja_JP) to other languages using E2f. More information can be found in our order wizard
- Users have the option to specify if their profile page will be publicly visible or not. More information can be found here
- Performance has been optimized while uploading big files to Transifex
- Multiple custom placeholder delimiters can be set up in order to ensure that all your custom variables are preserved in the translations. More information can be found here
- In the manage collaborators page, case insensitive filtering has been implemented allowing you to easily find the collaborators you are looking for
- Suggestions are now clickable. The available link redirects you to the source entry where the suggested translation version was initially applied to
- New keyboard shortcuts have been added allowing you to easily copy the top TM suggestion for the selected string in the translation area
- Leading/trailing spaces can now easily be identified at:
- the left part of the editor that contains the source and the translation strings
- the Suggestions tab in the editor
- the History tab in the editor
- the Glossary tab in the editor (source and translation terms)
- New languages were added to our list: Mizo (lus), Garo (grt), Khasi (kha)
- A new filter option is available in Transifex Web Editor that allows you to find strings that do not contain a specific tag
- XLIFF-related resource actions (Download for translation as XLIFF, Download untranslated strings as XLIFF, Upload XLIFF file) are only available to non-XLIFF resources
- Return a meaningful error message when a file fails to be uploaded via API
- Fixed the behavior of the
- Fixed YML parser's behavior when pluralized entries with literal style were compiled
- Fixed the escape functionality of the XLIFF parser to only escape tags that are not allowed in XLIFF
- Fixed the
onlytranslatedmode for PO translation files. From now on, the response will include translated, reviewed and proofread translations. Any untranslated entries won't be part of the generated files
- Fixed the
onlyreviewedmodes for Apple strings translation files. From now on, the
onlytranslatedmode will return both translated and reviewed translations and the untranslated entries will be returned empty. As far as the
onlyreviewedmode, the response will include the reviewed translations and any untranslated/translated strings will be returned empty
- Team Managers can now access translation reports for the teams they oversee. This is helpful when working with an LSP and they need report data in order to invoice you for work that's been done.
- To make Transifex's CLI tool more secure and better compatible with CI tools, we've added support for environment variables and a
--no-interactivemode for the
tx pullcommand. Learn about v0.13.3.
- You can now generate multiple API tokens and use unique tokens for different services
- In the Editor, you can now search for strings by Developer Notes and Instructions
- The Tags filter in the Editor now displays the list of tags you have and you can search by multiple tags. Additionally, the Issues filter has been updated so you can filter by Issue status (Open, Resolved, or None).
- Next to each TM suggestion in the Editor, you'll now find more details about where it came from, including the original translator, project, resource, and translation date
- Bug fix: The API now returns a 429 error code instead of a 503 when you exceed your API rate limits
- Our CLI tool now supports parallel requests so you can push/pull files more quickly. Learn about v0.13.2.
- The Editor has a new search filter to help you find strings more easily. You'll find new filters such as "Translation text doesn't contain" as well as support for exact and whole word match searches.
- There's a new report which shows you the number of translated, edited, and reviewed words per month per language. You can get this report from the Download CSV dropdown on the Reports page.
- Transifex now supports generic YAML files which have no root element denoting the file’s language code. We've also released a new parser for Rails i18n compatible YAML files. Learn about the new YAML parsers.
- String instructions and developer notes are now easier to see - they appear between the source string and the translation box. Learn more about it here.