By default, Transifex sends in-app and email notifications for important events that happen within the platform. Inside your users settings, you can control which events you get notified about via email.
The important events that Transifex informs you about include:
- Messages (new project announcements, team discussions, direct messages);
- Project & Language Activity (project language requests, resources updates, and more);
- Team & Collaborators Activity (requests to join a project, team changes in user role);
- Orders (updates about your translation orders)
You can change your email notification settings in your User settings. Learn how to adjust your email notifications here.
You can only change your email notifications. For now, in-app notification settings cannot be changed.
Project collaborators (translators, reviewers, language coordinators) have the option to get notified about changed in the source strings in the project(s) they work on by enabling the Watch functionality.
Those who enabled this feature, are notified whenever one of the following events happens:
- A new source file is added;
- An existing source file is updated;
- A source file is deleted.
Collaborators who didn't enable the Watch feature will still be notified when a new resource is created in Transifex.
Collaborators instantly receive an in-app notification and a grouped notification email is sent 2 hours after the first event occurs.
We recommend having collaborators enable the "Watch" feature in the project(s) that they're working on, in order to stay informed about the changes in the project(s) they're assigned to.
The "Watch" feature can be found at the upper right corner of the project's Overview page.
Collaborators can always check what projects they are watching, going into User Settings > Notification Settings > Watches.
Transifex lets you specify a webhook and get notified whenever:
- translations are completed;
- translation are reviewed;
- translation fillups are done.
This way, you can pull translations as soon as they are ready, without having to constantly check Transifex for updates.
Learn more about how to set up webhooks here.
Please note that the webhooks do not trigger either in-app or email notifications from Transifex.