By default, Transifex sends in-app and email notifications for important events that happen within the platform. Inside your users settings, you can control which events you get notified about via email.
The important events that Transifex informs you about include:
- Messages (new project announcements, team discussions, direct messages);
- Project & Language Activity (project language requests, resources updates, and more);
- Team & Collaborators Activity (requests to join a project, team changes in user role);
- Orders (updates about your translation orders)
You can change your email notification settings in your User settings. Learn how to adjust your email notifications here.
A few notes on the most popular notifications:
- "When a file has been 100% translated in one of its target languages" — it's a grouped notification email and is sent 6 hrs after at least one language of a resource is fully translated. This notification is sent to Admins and Project Maintainers.
- "When someone requests a language to be added to a project" — it's a grouped notification email and is sent 1 hr after the first request is submitted. This notification is sent to Admins and Project Maintainers.
- "When a team join request is received" — it's a grouped notification email and is sent 1 hr after the first join request is submitted. This notification is sent to Team Managers and Language Coordinators.
- If translators want to receive notifications about the source file update, they need to watch the project.
Please note that the type of notifications received depends on the user role. For example, Project Maintainers will receive project-related notifications such as "when a file has been 100% translated in one of its target languages" or "when a team join request is received".
In-app notifications are sent to the user immediately after an event happens in the platform.
In-app notifications can be found here:
There you can see a list of all notifications you're subscribed to.
You can only change your email notifications. For now, in-app notification settings cannot be changed.
Project collaborators (translators, reviewers, language coordinators) have the option to get notified about changes in the source strings in the project(s) they work on by enabling the Watch functionality.
Those who enabled this feature, are notified whenever one of the following events happens:
- A new source file is added;
- An existing source file is updated;
- A source file is deleted.
Collaborators who didn't enable the Watch feature will still be notified when a new resource is created in Transifex.
Collaborators instantly receive an in-app notification and a grouped notification email is sent 2 hours after the first event occurs.
We recommend having collaborators enable the "Watch" feature in the project(s) that they're working on, in order to stay informed about the changes in the project(s) they're assigned to.
The "Watch" feature can be found at the upper right corner of the project's Overview page.
Collaborators can always check what projects they are watching, going into User Settings > Notification Settings > Watches.
Transifex immediately notifies via both email and in-app notifications translators/reviewers of a translation when a user suggestion is added by another user in the editor.
Translators/reviewers can easily find this suggestion in the editor, by following the link included in the notification they receive.
Transifex lets you specify a webhook and get notified whenever:
- translations are completed;
- translation are reviewed;
- translation fillups are done.
This way, you can pull translations as soon as they are ready, without having to constantly check Transifex for updates.
Learn more about how to set up webhooks here.
Please note that the webhooks do not trigger either in-app or email notifications from Transifex.
When receiving notifications from Transifex, be careful about replying to the same notification email.
For example, when a user sent you a message, you would need to click on the Reply button within the notification message.
To continue the conversation you can either press Reply within the email or reply by following this link: https://www.transifex.com/user/messages/inbox/
Similarly, when you receive a notification that someone @mentioned you in a comment, you would need to click on the string link provided in the email and reply to the comment from the Editor, within the Comments tab.
With the Transifex-Slack Integration, you will now be able to easily use slash commands to get information on project languages, resources, status, and issues.
Read more about the Slack integration: