BeLazy provides ready-made connectors to automate workflows between vendor portals and business management systems. It enables continuous localization across the supply chain, helping language service providers with connectors and automation between MLV vendor portals, translation management systems and business management systems.
The BeLazy integration takes advantage of Transifex's tagging functionality offering not only job creation but also process automation that a language service provider needs to efficiently and effectively deal with translation requests coming from customers. Combining the two systems unlocks the growth opportunities modern companies need to scale enabling a truly continuous localization workflow for both the enterprise and the LSP.
To achieve this, BeLazy therefore offers an additional layer of functionality compared to other TMS connectors: during a synchronization, the strings that are not yet translated are tagged with a certain tag that indicates a timestamp, and this is offered as a URL to translators with the exact word count.
We recommend using BeLazy with an automation tool such as Integromat (free version) to schedule the synchronization. For example, you can extract strings at a given time on Monday and Thursday, as per agreement with your customer.
In order to use the system, your customer must be running the Premium license of Transifex. Your user must be given the role of Team manager in the team.
If you intend to automate Transifex Live projects, there is a preparatory step needed: in the Translate Live view under Manage strings, select all strings and approve them.
Expected URL format:
The URL is always https://www.transifex.com.
- Set up the API token in Transifex (there are no permissions to set) and copy the token to BeLazy.
- Set up which projects get synchronized by specifying the URL of the project or the organization (e.g. https://www.transifex.com/belazy/demoproject). Set up which workflow tasks (translation, review or both) should be generated, and whether you want to pick up all keys, only include certain keys indicated with tags (e.g. your client set up the translatable content for you), or exclude certain keys indicated with tags (e.g. your client uses do_not_translate or similar tags).
- Set up the business management system client (for example, based on project name).
- Set up the specialization based on the Transifex project name.
- You can select the business management system service also based on the Transifex workflow steps Translation and Review.
- Map the unit Word to the corresponding business management system unit. Rates do not need to be mapped.
- Language codes need to be mapped between the systems.
- You can map linguists.
- Set up bundling. Task merging is needed if you want the translation and review steps to be merged.
- You can set up a naming convention for the projects.
- You can map the instructions to supply the vendors with the necessary information such as translation link.
- You can decide which projects or organizations to sync by setting up the right URLs in the configuration wizard. If you sync an organization, all its projects are included in the sync.
- You can decide which tags to either exclude or to include in the syncing. Some strings may remain untranslated this way, as per the customer’s instructions.
- BeLazy supports both translation and review in Transifex.
- BeLazy offers you to configure the prefix of the tag that is used to create a timestamped translation job. Everybody with the necessary privileges can see these tags.
- Updates generate a new opportunity in BeLazy, and this opportunity does not count again the word count for the content that was in a previous batch. Therefore BeLazy supports scenarios where you have for example an hourly synchronization but the deadline for delivery for each batch is one day.
- Because content can be added any time, the final word count is calculated during the accepting of a project, taking into account the content that was added between synchronization and accept. Therefore in an edge case the actual word count may differ from what BeLazy shows.
Functionality not supported:
- Because creating an opportunity in BeLazy already involves changing the tagging in Transifex, automated synchronization is not supported. You can use the Synchronize connection and Synchronize project API calls to start a synchronization process. We recommend using Integromat for this. Here is a short video on how to set up such synchronization.
- Translation memory matching is not supported, only total word count. We have plans to support translation memory matching.
- Prices are calculated by your business management system.
- Transifex Native projects have not been tested, but may be supported.
- Files are not extracted, content is offered as links.
- Deadlines are hardwired, every project generates a one-day deadline.
- Only segments that have been created/updated in the last 6 months are extracted.
Vendor assignment functionality:
- Vendor assignment functionality is available. When a linguist is assigned in the destination system, BeLazy checks whether the user is part of the project's team and adds them if they are not. That particular user will then be able to edit all the projects where this team is assigned.
- Vendor creation functionality is not available.
Setting up synchronization:
- If you synchronize a connection, all the projects and organizations configured for that connection will be synchronized.
- If you synchronize a project, only the project or organization with the URL you specify will be synchronized.
- Bear in mind that Transifex has API usage limits and if you have many projects, do not synchronize them at the same time.
- You can use these API calls with any tool using an API token generated in BeLazy.
- We recommend using Integromat because it is easy to understand, offers a BeLazy app which does this job for you without you knowing how to configure APIs, and if you need to schedule synchronization to certain days and times, the paid version will allow you to configure scheduling very precisely (the lowest cost paid version already does the job). If a regular daily synchronization is needed, the free version is enough.