- File extensions: .xliff, .xlf, .xml
- i18n type: XLIFF
The XLIFF format is an industry standard format to exchange localization files (XML Localisation Interchange File Format).
Transifex currently supports a certain subset of the features XLIFF provides:
<target>; elements are handled.
- Any context data are handled.
- Plural data are handled.
- Developer comments are supported the following way:
<note from="developer">TRANSLATORS: please limit the page width to 79 characters here. </note>
and appear in the Web Editor as Developer Notes.
- Character limits are also supported
<trans-unit id="1" maxwidth="30" size-unit="char"></trans-unit>
where the attribute maxwidth should be a positive number and the site-unit must be set to char.
- References are also supported where each reference is mapped to two <context> elements, one specifying the source file (context-type attribute set to sourcefile) and the other representing the location in the source file ( context-type attribute set to linenumber). Each reference is in addition grouped in a <context-group> element, with the name attribute set to a value that must be unique within the enclosing <file> element and the purpose attribute set to location
<context-group name="po-reference-2" purpose="location"> <context context-type="sourcefile">simple.c</context> <context context-type="linenumber">5</context> </context-group>
They appear as Occurrences in the Web Editor.
The following features are not supported:
- Attributes of the above elements.
- Binary elements, like
- Any other minor elements.