There are a number of ways you can reach other users in Transifex:
- Use the messaging system to send a message directly to another user. To send a message, click on your user profile in the main navigation, then select Messages from the dropdown. In the header, click Compose. Enter the Transifex username of the person you want to message, add a subject and message, and then hit Send message.
- Start a team discussion and message everyone on a team. To learn how, please see our article on Announcements and Discussions.
- @mention a user in a comment in the Editor. To learn more, refer to this article.
- Do you use Slack? If yes, we do have an integration with this tool. You can find out more here.
The suggestion list returns only the members that are working on a specific project. Specifically, these users are collaborators (team managers, translators, reviewers, language coordinators) as well as project maintainers. If you are trying to find an organization administrator user though, who hasn't been invited to the translation team or as a project maintainer, then this user won't appear as a suggestion. In such cases, there are the following 2 options:
- Include the username in your comment even if this username is not one of the results the suggestion list returns. If the username is a valid one, the user will still get notified.
- The administrator user can be assigned to an extra user role (the ones mentioned above) that are related to the specific project so that he/she will be considered one of the members that are responsible for the localization of the project.
Team discussions is a feature that lets you communicate with other members of a team. It's a forum for a team's activities and conversations. You can find discussions by going to the "Teams" tab of your Dashboard and clicking the speech bubble icon to the right of a team's name.
You will receive notifications about discussions in the following situations:
- When you participate in a team discussion that is not assigned to a specific language ("All languages" is the default selection), you will receive notifications for every new post after your initial post.
- When a team discussion is assigned to a language you are involved with, you'll receive notifications if you are a Coordinator, Reviewer, or Translator, regardless of whether you have participated in the discussions before. Team Managers won't receive notifications.
Please note: there's no option to disable notifications for the second scenario mentioned above. This is requested by the Team Managers to ensure that everyone involved is receiving the proper notifications.
There are several ways to find strings with comments in the Editor:
- To find all the strings that have at least one comment, use the Comment filter followed by
- To find a specific comment, use the Comment filter followed by a keyword or phrase in the comment. For example, "Comment: context".
- To find all the strings that include comments that have been marked as issues, use the Issue filter and select the "yes" option.
By default, a translator can translate any unlocked string in a resource they have access to (see how to lock strings).
If you want a translator to work on a specific set of strings, use the batch edit mode to tag a group of strings with the name of the translator. Each translator can then find the strings they should work on by filtering for them, using the Tag filter and their name, e.g. TAG: John. More information can be found here.
A collaborator can leave a team at any time as it is described here. Please note that user's translation activity (translations, reviews, edits) is preserved after leaving a team.